From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] virtualbox woes
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 17:58:36
1 On 2022.07.31 10:45, Jack wrote:
2 > On 7/31/22 09:27, Matthew Sacks wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I cant get gentoo to run on virtualbox, segfaults or core dumps or
5 >> something.
6 >>
7 > Please learn how to ask for help.  You have provided next to no
8 > useful information.  From the other thread, you provided a log, and
9 > the fact that you are trying to run a Gentoo guest on a Windows
10 > (which version?) host.  Which version of VB?  The latter might
11 > matter, as there have been some reports of VBox instability, although
12 > I believe those are on Linux hosts, not guests.
13 >
14 > In the other thread, you mention that the crash happens on shutting
15 > down.  How did you shut down?  Have you tried other ways?  Have you
16 > checked the virtualbox forums for similar reports?
17 Sorry, I misread. You shut down after it crashes. Any idea what makes
18 it crash? Does it crash if you just start it and just let it sit?
19 >
20 > Jack