From: "Steven S." <stupendoussteve@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] is kde 3.5 stable enough?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:16:54
1 On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, b.n. wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I still can't see KDE 3.5 in the stable x86. Since I'd like to try it, but I
5 > also don't like to rely on unstable (i.e. crashing, misworking) apps very
6 > much, I have a couple of questions for you...
7 >
8 > 1)What is the timeline for having 3.5 stable? If I have to wait still 1 or 2
9 > weeks, I don't mind, otherwise...
10 >
11 > 2)Does kde 3.5 pulls in a lot of ~x86 dependecies?
12 >
13 > 3)What are current known bugs/instabilities/issues/what of KDE 3.5 packages I
14 > should be aware of? I don't use KDE itself (I'm happy with Fluxbox) but I use
15 > KDE apps very much (Konqueror,Kwrite,Kate,K3b...).
16 >
17 > Thanks!
18 > m.
21 I've been using a totally ~x86 for a long time and never had an issue. KDE
22 3.5 is working very well, I've not had a crash. I think the main thing
23 going to be pulled in by anything is kdelibs, which you'd have to allow to
24 be ~x86. Just make sure you run emerge -pv packages and it will tell you
25 exactly what it's going to need.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list