From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [WAY OT] wanna learn networking internals
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 19:47:09
1 2015-09-02 16:43 GMT-03:00 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>:
2
3 > On Wednesday, September 02, 2015 02:19:24 PM Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > Sorry for such WAY out of topic message, but Gentoo users are also way
7 > out
8 > > of regular computer users.
9 > >
10 > > I intend to learn more deep details about networking intrinsics,
11 > (packets,
12 > > ports, negotiation, UDP, multicast, unicast, TCP, ethernet, DHCP,
13 > > protocols, and so on) so I decided to recur to this list. Googling the
14 > > terms, just gets me to network administration and equipment
15 > interconnection.
16 > >
17 > > Any hints on web resources for this research?
18 >
19 > It would depend on the level you are at now. :)
20 >
21 > Generally, I know more than enough about how it all works to do my job and
22 > keep my own systems running reliably.
23 >
24 > But generally I simply listen when the likes of Alan McKinnon start talking
25 > about networking.
26 >
27 > You could start with sites like:
30 > http://web.stanford.edu/class/msande91si/www-spr04/readings/week1/InternetWhitepaper.htm