From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Need simple smtp sendmail
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 15:44:59
1 On 2008-04-18, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 >> It's been three years since I last set up mail on my
4 >> workstation which I'm replacing after a motherboard failure.
5 >> One of the pieces I'm missing is what do I need to allow
6 >> processes like portage and mdadm send notification messages to
7 >> my email account. IIRC, I had something that just forwarded
8 >> smtp mail to my public account.
9 >
10 > mail-mta/ssmtp, which is generally installed by default.
11
12 Or, if you need to support multiple e-mail accounts: mail-mta/msmtp.
13
14 It's just as simple to set up as ssmtp, but allows per-user
15 configuration, and each user can configure multiple accounts.
18 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'd like MY data-base
19 at JULIENNED and stir-fried!
20 visi.com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list