From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need simple smtp sendmail
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:50:30
1 On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:35:28 -0500, Roy Wright wrote:
2
3 > It's been three years since I last set up mail on my workstation which
4 > I'm replacing after a motherboard failure. One of the pieces I'm
5 > missing is what do I need to allow processes like portage and mdadm send
6 > notification messages to my email account. IIRC, I had something that
7 > just forwarded smtp mail to my public account.
8
9 mail-mta/ssmtp, which is generally installed by default.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 Quantum Physics: The dreams that stuff is made of