From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 19:50:49
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>> Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
5 >>>> gentoo's installer is EASY if you just read the docs.
6 >>> I'd rather be installing and waiting for the installer to tell me what
7 >>> to do rather than go read docs somewhere else :P
8 >>
9 >> and when the nice installer fucks up, you are screwed.
10 >
11 > You're screwed anyway if you can't use the CLI installer correctly.
12 > Reading the docs is fine, but they're written for geeks, not normal
13 > people. Normal people don't have a clue what the docs are talking
14 > about :)
17 It seems to me that not to many "normal people" would use Gentoo anyway.
18 By and large, we're probably geeks...I mean, c'mon, this is a mailing
19 list for users of a distro of linux. Your normal "My computer gets
20 myspace" group isn't exactly our audience.