From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 20:17:02
1 Saphirus Sage wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> You're screwed anyway if you can't use the CLI installer correctly.
4 >> Reading the docs is fine, but they're written for geeks, not normal
5 >> people. Normal people don't have a clue what the docs are talking
6 >> about :)
9 > It seems to me that not to many "normal people" would use Gentoo anyway.
10 > By and large, we're probably geeks...I mean, c'mon, this is a mailing
11 > list for users of a distro of linux. Your normal "My computer gets
12 > myspace" group isn't exactly our audience.
13
14 It seems Sabayon Linux did quite some good work here. And it's still
15 Gentoo. Too bad they broke quite stuff, but the idea is nice: A Gentoo
16 that isn't only for geeks and gurus.