From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ssh rekeying slow ?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 22:16:18
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
6 > > When I ssh into a server in my basement, this takes way more time than
7 > > usual.
8 > > Does anyone have an idea what I could do to fix that?
11 > ssh has an ordered array of negotiations between systems that are related
12 > to the version numbers of ssh and the other configurations. There is
13 > usually a mismatch, when it takes "too long" to start a session,
14 > in my experience.
15 >
16 > I did not look at the specifics you posted.
19 I had a problem like that and solved it by changine UseDNS no
20 because it is trying to look for reverse dns pointers. This is done on
21 the hosts /etc/ssh/sshd_config .
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici