From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: In search for different variant of terminus-font
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 01:42:17
1 On Monday 20 December 2010 23:42:17 Jörg Schaible wrote:
2 > Hi Frank,
3
4 > > A few months back I switched to Debian (due to hardware problems) and
5 > > came back a few weeks ago. But ever since I came back, my terminus font
6 > > in KDE’s Konsole looks different and I don’t know why. It seems I have
7 > > installed a different variant (it has more space between letters and the
8 > > glyphs have more elaborate shapes).
9 > > […]
10 > > Any idea how I can get the old shape back? I already tried different
11 > > combinations of useflags for terminus-font, but to no avail.
12 >
13 > Actually I had the same problem and it was caused by an incompatibility
14 > between newer qt version with different font handling and konsole 4.4.x.
15 > Unfortunately I cannot remember what I did to solve it in the end, but I
16 > have my terminus font back in konsole. So there is hope ;-)
17
18 I’m running KDE 4.5 on Qt 4.6 right now. The "I want this" was taken on
19 Debian’s 4.4. Perhaps I’ll have a try with 4.6 some day after christmas…
20
21 > What fonts do you have selected? Look at
22 > eselect fontconfig list
23
24 I’m not sure what to look for. A grep for "ter" didn’t bring anything up.
25 --
26 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
27 American beer is like having sex in a boat: fucking close to water.