From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt5 - should I worry?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 11:34:39
1 On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 11:19:28AM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > I won't list all my objections here, but I have attached two screen shots of
4 > KMail: one in the standard qt4 KDE environment and the other in qt5. You can
5 > see how much less compact the qt5 version is,
6 > [...]
7 > you see here. And the qt5 screen shot is half as big again as the qt4.
8
9 I don't quite get that.
10
11 > My question to the panel is: is this just a temporary stage of development,
12 > or are we going to have to live with it down the years?
13
14 I suppose it's all about the theme and its definition of margins. I dabbled
15 with KF5 last weekend on Arch linux and also find all KDE window decorators
16 except for good'ol Plastic to bee too wasteful with space. OTOH I'm
17 considering bying a laptop soon with 12.5 inch and am still undecided on the
18 resolution (125 or 176 DPI).
19
20 Be thankful we don't have a compulsoliry touch-oriented UI. ;-P
21 --
22 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
23 People who are not convex with foreign words should not renovate with them.