From: App Des <app4des@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Slow samba transfers from gentoo to gentoo, any way to improve them?
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:57:59
1 I have a gentoo server running stable fully updated, and I share a folder
2 with samba on a gigabit network.
3
4 The client dual boots Gentoo (stable again) and Windows 7.
5
6 Under windows 7, getting a file from the server achieves around 70MB/s
7
8 Under Gentoo, using gnome gvfs, it can only achieve around 30BM/s. I though
9 that gvfs must be slow, and I tried manually using cifs mount, but again the
10 speed dropped further to ~18mb/s.
11
12 Both the client and server happen to use exactly the same network card, so
13 it must not be a network driver problem as all my gentoo systems use the
14 same kernel, as the Windows performance is acceptable, something must go
15 wrong in my client-desktop gentoo, any ideas?