From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing python-2.6
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 19:19:02
1 On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Guillaume Poulin
2 <poulin.guillaume@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > I'm currently contributing to a python project still supporting python
4 > 2.6. Since python 2.6 is no more in portage tree, I currently have no
5 > way to run the unit tests locally.
6 >
7 > Is there an easy way to install python 2.6? I don't need other
8 > packages support for python 2.6, just a python 2.6 installation with
9 > pip and virtualenv, so I can run the unit tests locally.
12 I added python-2.6.9 back to the portage tree, but empty KEYWORDS.
13
14 Sync your portage tree in around an hour and add the following to
15 package.keywords:
16
17 ~dev-lang/python-2.6.9 **