From: Guillaume Poulin <poulin.guillaume@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing python-2.6
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 15:41:17
1 Thanks, you make my life easier.
2
3 2015-04-23 15:18 GMT-04:00 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>:
4 > On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Guillaume Poulin
5 > <poulin.guillaume@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> I'm currently contributing to a python project still supporting python
7 >> 2.6. Since python 2.6 is no more in portage tree, I currently have no
8 >> way to run the unit tests locally.
9 >>
10 >> Is there an easy way to install python 2.6? I don't need other
11 >> packages support for python 2.6, just a python 2.6 installation with
12 >> pip and virtualenv, so I can run the unit tests locally.
15 > I added python-2.6.9 back to the portage tree, but empty KEYWORDS.
16 >
17 > Sync your portage tree in around an hour and add the following to
18 > package.keywords:
19 >
20 > ~dev-lang/python-2.6.9 **
21 >