From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MythTV vs. Gentoo VDR
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 03:27:52
1 On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 19:50:24 -0700
2 Ted Ozolins <ted1@×××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Nick Rout wrote:
5 >
6 > >On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:15:31 -0700
7 > >Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
11 > >>Does anyone know what the difference between MythTV and the Gentoo VDR
12 > >>is? Gentoo VDR seems to have many more plugins.
13 > >>
14 > >>- Grant
15 > >>
16 > >>
17 > >
18 > >what is gentoo vdr? can you point to a website or other resource?
22 > >>--
23 > >>gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 > >>
25 > >>
26 > >>
27 > http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/
28
29 Yes but what has that to do with gentoo? Its not a gentoo project! I was confused by the OP referring to "gentoo vdr"
30
31 differences AFAIK:
32
33 1. VDR is for DVB only
34
35 2. VDR is very Euro-centric - thats not a criticism, just worth knowing as european tv has many differences to, eg, USA tv in terms of technical format.
36
37 3. There is far more documentation around for MythTV, I struggle to find good docs for VDR.
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list