From: Remy Blank <remy.blank@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg segfaults if I have an encrypted volume mounted
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:11:27
1 James L wrote:
2 > Turn off all power management software.
3 > My guess is it is going into one of the power saving modes that ends up
4 > crashing it.
5
6 Thanks for the suggestion. The only "power management software" that I
7 have installed is the cpufreq ondemand governor, which shouldn't use the
8 power saving modes AFAIK.
9
10 I have logged the CPU temperature, remaining battery capacity, charger
11 state and loadavg every 10 seconds, and the CPU is mostly idle (0.00
12 loadavg, ~40 °C), the battery full, and the charger connected. Then
13 suddenly, after ~15 hours, blinking keyboard lights and finally power off.
14
15 -- Remy