From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 16:53:09
1 Grant schrieb:
2 > I'm getting this on my laptop:
3 >
4 > "!!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:\n(111,
5 > 'Connection refused')\nSure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
6 > correctly?"
7 >
8 > I have this in make.conf:
9 >
10 > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log"
11 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
12 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="myaddress@×××××.com localhost"
13 >
14 > and:
15 >
16 > [ebuild R ] mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61 USE="mailwrapper md5sum ssl -ipv6" 0 kB
17
18 Fine - who cares?
19
20 > Should that be enough?
21
22 Sure, if you've got an SMTP server running on localhost. Do you? ssmtp
23 is an MTA, not a SMTP server.
24
25 If you wish to use ssmtp with ELOG, you've got to use PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM=custom
26 and set up your own program in PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND. Read my howto at
27 http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Making_portage_use_/usr/sbin/sendmail_to_send_out_ELOG_mails
28
29 Alexander Skwar
30 --
31 For the first time we have a weapon that nobody has used for thirty years.
32 This gives me great hope for the human race.
33 -- Harlan Ellison
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list