From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG error
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:14:42
1 > > I'm getting this on my laptop:
2 > >
3 > > "!!! A network error occured while trying to send logmail:\n(111,
4 > > 'Connection refused')\nSure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI
5 > > correctly?"
6 > >
7 > > I have this in make.conf:
8 > >
9 > > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log"
10 > > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="save mail"
11 > > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="myaddress@×××××.com localhost"
12 > >
13 > > and:
14 > >
15 > > [ebuild R ] mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61 USE="mailwrapper md5sum ssl -ipv6" 0 kB
16 >
17 > Fine - who cares?
18 >
19 > > Should that be enough?
20 >
21 > Sure, if you've got an SMTP server running on localhost. Do you? ssmtp
22 > is an MTA, not a SMTP server.
23 >
24 > If you wish to use ssmtp with ELOG, you've got to use PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM=custom
25 > and set up your own program in PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND. Read my howto at
26 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Making_portage_use_/usr/sbin/sendmail_to_send_out_ELOG_mails
27 >
28 > Alexander Skwar
29
30 That looks pretty slick but I try to do things as Gentoo as possible.
31 Any chance of your functionality getting integrated into Portage?
32
33 Also, in place of ssmtp, would postfix alone do the trick or would I
34 need something like courier-imap too?
35
36 - Grant
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list