From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange UEFI boot behaviour
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 14:25:51
1 On Tuesday, 12 July 2022 10:02:31 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Monday, 11 July 2022 17:19:50 BST Michael wrote:
3 > > Check your BIOS* firmware settings for USB and enable xHCI. Perhaps this
4 > > setting was toggled to auto, which may not work reliably.
5 >
6 > That was a good idea, Michael. Indeed, some Auto settings had crept in. I
7 > haven't yet tried booting other media though: that's for later today.
8
9 ...and I can now boot a USB SysRescCD. Thanks again.
13 Regards,
14 Peter.