From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange UEFI boot behaviour
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 09:02:40
1 On Monday, 11 July 2022 17:19:50 BST Michael wrote:
2
3 > Check your BIOS* firmware settings for USB and enable xHCI. Perhaps this
4 > setting was toggled to auto, which may not work reliably.
5
6 That was a good idea, Michael. Indeed, some Auto settings had crept in. I
7 haven't yet tried booting other media though: that's for later today.
8
9 --->8
10
11 > An EFI MoBo which boots an OS installed in UEFI mode, on a GPT formatted
12 > disk, does not require a CSM or a bios_grub flagged partition.
13
14 I didn't know that, but CSM was disabled anyway.
15
16 --->8
17
18 > On a 10 year old MoBo I would consider replacing the
19 > NVRAM battery prior to (re)flashing.
20
21 That's a good idea - thanks.
24 Regards,
25 Peter.