From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Looking for a minimalist image viewer / organizer
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:22:44
1 On 1/16/07, Vlad Dogaru <ddvlad@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Browsing getoo-wiki.com for an image viewer, I only found Gthumb, which
5 > depends on GNOME. I use Fluxbox because I have an older computer and would
6 > like to keep dependencies at a minimum. Any suggestions? I only need a
7 > viewer; organising my pictures is not a plus. No exotic formats, just jpeg,
8 > gif and the usual.
9 >
10 > Thanks in advance,
11 > Vlad
14 Tools i usually rely on are
15 * feh : uses imlib ( brags to be the fastest ) , very lightweight in
16 use, but an insane collection of features if you read the man pages to
17 see the extra tricks it can perform
18 * gliv :uses opengl and gtk , making it awesome for viewing some of
19 those larger images using the fast and quality scaling algos of your
20 GPU
21 *fbi : ( media-gfx/fbida) which is great for viewing images when you
22 cant be bothered cracking open X
23 * anytopnm + aview : for days your feeling geeky and need to display
24 images in a textual representation ( black and white )
25 * cacaview : for days you want to demostrate how much free time geeks
26 have and nothing else feels like working cos your stuck on a windows
27 box with PUTTY.
28
29 -
30 Kent