From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Playsound . . . won't!
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:57:47
1 On Monday 17 September 2007, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
3
4 [snip initial revdep-rebuild stuff]
5
6 > > broken /usr/lib/libakode_xiph_decoder.la (requires
7 > > /usr/lib/libOggFLAC.la) done.
8 >
9 > [snip]
10 >
11 > > Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
12 > > =========================================
13 >
14 > That looks like your revdep-rebuild is broken. It is finding
15 > inconsistencies (eg files that need to link against the missing
16 > libFLAC.so.7) but then at the end contradicting itself by reporting
17 > that the dynamic linking is consistent.
18
19 More like revdep-rebuild doesn't know how to build libOffFLAC anymore as
20 the ebuild that put it there isn't in portage anymore or masked or
21 keyworded or whatevered. I've seen this myself a time or three on my
22 own machines.
23
24 There's nothing revdep-rebuild can do about this except shrug and leave
25 it alone, but the output could be more informative. Perhaps a feature
26 request in is order here
27
28 alan
31 Optimists say the glass is half full,
32 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
33 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
34
35 Alan McKinnon
36 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
37 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
38 --
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list