From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] suspend/resume
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 22:50:17
1 > > Is there a way to shut the power of my laptop down and then power it
2 > > back on and have it resume right where it was when it was powered
3 > > down? I think this is called suspend/resume. I see there is a kernel
4 > > called suspend2-sources. Is there any way to do it with my
5 > > hardened-sources kernel?
6 > >
7 > > - Grant
8 >
9 > The primary difference between suspend in the vanilla (and hardened)
10 > kernel and suspend in Suspend2 is that Suspend2 is much faster. I
11 > don't have any hard numbers, but I think the difference is something
12 > like twenty seconds versus a minute to fully suspend on my laptop.
13 > This isn't normally a big deal, and you don't need to migrate from the
14 > hardened kernel.
15
16 Do you think it would suspend Windows XP running in VMware Workstation properly?
17
18 - Grant
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list