From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eject and util-linux blocker
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 20:20:19
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > I've gotten to the point where I can make sense of portage output (it
3 > took a while!) but I have no idea how to explain how I do it :-)
4 > Portage makes a very fundamental blunder - it exposes the underlying
5 > implementation in the output. The odds are very slim the average user
6 > will ever make reasonable sense of it.
7
8 You prolly got good at it because of so many people on here asking what
9 those crpytic messages are saying. Very few people can figure out what
10 they are trying to say. Every once in a while, I get lucky and can
11 keyword a package or something and get past a blocker but sometimes, it
12 may as well spit out Greek characters.
13
14 What gets me on this one, it really didn't give a clue what the real
15 problem is. If it did, I missed it.
16
17 I just wonder, is there some way they can make emerge spit out something
18 that makes sense or is that something that can not be done?
19
20 Dale
21