From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resizing EFI partition, btrfs context
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 07:16:52
1 Am 2015-10-06 um 02:47 schrieb Jc García:
2
3 >> long story short: it failed.
4 >
5 > I tried to do this (getting more space for kernels in the EFI
6 > partitions) some days ago, and failed on my first try also, I went the
7 > easy way backing up what I had and deleting, remaking the partition
8 > using gparted, put the stuff in there(and finally change from
9 > gummiboot to bootctl), reboot and failed, after sratching my head and
10 > 2 more fails trying FAT16 and going back to FAT32 booting, I noticed I
11 > had not set the partition type only the label, and didn't found how to
12 > do that using gparted, so went to the basic: gdisk, and set the
13 > partition type to EF00 and I it worked. Didn't you miss this sort of
14 > details?
15
16 Well, if I knew ;-)
17 I thought of having missed the boot flag as well although gparted should
18 have taken care of that, right? And gparted finished successfully but
19 the boot failed after that.
20
21 Right now I just have to retry: clone the hdd to the ssd then restart
22 the gparted-steps.
23
24 Or is there a clever way to copy the whole btrfs over into a fresh and
25 slightly smaller partition while keeping its UUID intact?