From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: usb stick autodiscovery
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 02:01:04
1 James wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967<at> gmail.com> writes:
3 >
4 > Hello Dale,
7 >> On mine, I had to add the "device notifier" widget to the panel. That
8 >> is what does the little pop up here. Looks like one of your systems
9 >> didn't add that by default, mine didn't either tho.
10 >>
11 > Well device notifier is on the systems that work. somehow it
12 > got deleted off this system....
13 >
14 > I missing the 'dolphin file manager' and the 'usb viewer'
15 > from the kde-4.4.2
16 >
17 > Hmmmm, somehow this looks strange....
18 >
19 > What the best way to rebuild all of the kde packages
20 > on a (kde-meta) system? emerge kde-meta only rebuild the
21 > meta package itself....
22 >
23 > Or should I just re_emerge a few selected packages?
24 >
25 > (PS, try this command 'lshal') just for grins......
28 > James
32 Well, I'm sure some guru has a better way to list all the KDE packages
33 installed but I use this:
34
35 qlist -I | grep kde
36
37 I then take that list and create a set and just emerge the set. It
38 worked a while back.
39
40 root@smoker / # lshal
41
42 Dumping 129 device(s) from the Global Device List:
43
44 I didn't know I had 129 devices in this rig. Sort of funny how much
45 "stuff" it takes to make a puter run nowadays.
46
47 Dale
48