From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hald won't start
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:42:26
1 On Monday 16 July 2007 10:26, Alessandro del Gallo wrote:
2 > Mick ha scritto:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > I noticed on a box of mine that hald won't start:
6 > > ==========================================
7 > > # /etc/init.d/hald restart
8 > > * Starting Hardware Abstraction Layer daemon ... [ !! ]
9 > > ==========================================
10 > >
11 > > Confusingly, the logs don't show anything. How do I troubleshoot this?
12 >
13 > I had the same problem:
14 >
15 > hald was sucking 99% cpu, removables devices didn't work
16 > and launching hald from terminal with the option "hald --daemon=no
17 > --verbose=yes" i discovered it was on a infinite loop echo-ing
18 > something about rules so I got in /etc/udev/rules.d
19 > and found (by probing one by one) 99-libgphoto2.rules that
20 > was HALS's murder.
21
22 Thank you Alessandro, what do you mean by probing - how did you probe them?
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick