From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Software Suspend swsusp2 and genkernel initrd initramfs?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:24:54
1 If you compile the neccessary modules into the kernel you do not have to
2 use an initrd (which is all the initrd is doing - making the modules
3 available at boot time). With suspend2, make sure you also compile in
4 the LZF option in the crypt section. It defaults to not selected at
5 all, often leading to resume failures. I do not use LVM for root, but
6 other partitions to avoid such problems, but there is no reason why it
7 shouldnt work.
8
9 BillK
10