From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Reading a DVD as an ISO image
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:55:29
1 On 2009-11-17, Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > My guess is that he has a slow internet connection, he
4 > downloaded a large iso, burned it, deleted it, and now wants
5 > to get the iso back without downloading it again, but he has
6 > access to the checksum/filesize of the original iso from the
7 > place he downloaded it, and when he makes an iso, the
8 > checksum/filesize does not match.
9
10 In my experience that happens because one or the other of the
11 images has "extra" garbage blocks past the end of the actual
12 ISO filesystem image. If you look at the ISO filesystem header
13 and find the actual size of the image, it's probably smaller
14 than the "image file". If you only compare the bytes within
15 the ISO image itself, I bet the two will match.
18 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Oh, I get it!!
19 at "The BEACH goes on", huh,
20 visi.com SONNY??