From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbugs
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 11:06:10
1 john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk> [11-07-10 12:08]:
2 > On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 08:25:42 +0200
3 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 >
5 > > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [11-07-10 08:12]:
6 > > > On 07/10/2011 03:23 AM, Dale wrote:
7 > > > >Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
8 > > > >>On 07/10/2011 12:59 AM, john wrote:
9 > > > >>>
10 > > > >>>Help.
11 > > > >>>
12 > > > >>>I have tried everything to remove thunderbugs which are causing
13 > > > >>>havoc
14 > > > >>>behind my screen. Small black mites have taken over xorg-server!
15 > > > >>>
16 > > > >>>rm -r thunderbugs
17 > > > >>
18 > > > >>I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is. I assume
19 > > > >>you're not talking about insects stuck on the TFT panel of your
20 > > > >>monitor. That
21 > > > >>what exactly are you talking about?
22 > > > >
23 > > > >I was wondering the same thing. I was to chicken to ask because I
24 > > > >thought it might be some fancy new software that I haven't heard
25 > > > >about yet. Could it be thunderbird? That's the only thing I could
26 > > > >find in the
27 > > > >portage tree.
28 > > > >
29 > > > >At least I wasn't the only one confused. Sort of had that a lot
30 > > > >here lately. :/
31 > > >
32 > > > Well, I guess it's really thunderbugs then :-P Sometimes very
33 > > > small insects get inside the monitor, and get fried when they walk
34 > > > on the TFT panel. They're visible and pretty much equivalent to a
35 > > > bunch of dead pixels. It's virtually impossible to get them out
36 > > > again.
37 > > >
38 > > > This is the reason I never bought a TFT monitor with cooling slits
39 > > > on it; only tightly closed ones with external power supplies. No
40 > > > insects can get in that way.
41 > > >
42 > > >
43 > >
44 > > There are sealed ones, too.
45 > >
46 > > Best regards,
47 > > mcc
51 > Yes ,
52 >
53 > Had a pesky invasion of little insects behind my screen. Of which a lot
54 > have seemed to stop moving. Think I'll a get sealed tft next time.
55 > I'll try sucking them out with a hoover. Damn things, tft was 350
56 > pounds, you think it should have anti critters device.
60 > --
61 > --------------
62 > John D Maunder
63 > jdm@××××××××××××.uk
66 Only a shot in the very very dark:
67
68 May be it is possible to open the case of the TFT and move a piece of
69 paper between "glas" (most kinda transparent plastic) front and tft
70 and this way to push all those litte beasts out of the way...????
71
72 Be warned! Exclusively theorectical thoughts!
73
74 ;)
75
76 Best regards,