From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbugs
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:06:13
1 On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 08:25:42 +0200
2 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3
4 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [11-07-10 08:12]:
5 > > On 07/10/2011 03:23 AM, Dale wrote:
6 > > >Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
7 > > >>On 07/10/2011 12:59 AM, john wrote:
8 > > >>>
9 > > >>>Help.
10 > > >>>
11 > > >>>I have tried everything to remove thunderbugs which are causing
12 > > >>>havoc
13 > > >>>behind my screen. Small black mites have taken over xorg-server!
14 > > >>>
15 > > >>>rm -r thunderbugs
16 > > >>
17 > > >>I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is. I assume
18 > > >>you're not talking about insects stuck on the TFT panel of your
19 > > >>monitor. That
20 > > >>what exactly are you talking about?
21 > > >
22 > > >I was wondering the same thing. I was to chicken to ask because I
23 > > >thought it might be some fancy new software that I haven't heard
24 > > >about yet. Could it be thunderbird? That's the only thing I could
25 > > >find in the
26 > > >portage tree.
27 > > >
28 > > >At least I wasn't the only one confused. Sort of had that a lot
29 > > >here lately. :/
30 > >
31 > > Well, I guess it's really thunderbugs then :-P Sometimes very
32 > > small insects get inside the monitor, and get fried when they walk
33 > > on the TFT panel. They're visible and pretty much equivalent to a
34 > > bunch of dead pixels. It's virtually impossible to get them out
35 > > again.
36 > >
37 > > This is the reason I never bought a TFT monitor with cooling slits
38 > > on it; only tightly closed ones with external power supplies. No
39 > > insects can get in that way.
43 > There are sealed ones, too.
44 >
45 > Best regards,
46 > mcc
50 Yes ,
51
52 Had a pesky invasion of little insects behind my screen. Of which a lot
53 have seemed to stop moving. Think I'll a get sealed tft next time.
54 I'll try sucking them out with a hoover. Damn things, tft was 350
55 pounds, you think it should have anti critters device.
61 John D Maunder