From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbugs
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 07:06:23
1 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [11-07-10 08:12]:
2 > On 07/10/2011 03:23 AM, Dale wrote:
3 > >Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 > >>On 07/10/2011 12:59 AM, john wrote:
5 > >>>
6 > >>>Help.
7 > >>>
8 > >>>I have tried everything to remove thunderbugs which are causing
9 > >>>havoc
10 > >>>behind my screen. Small black mites have taken over xorg-server!
11 > >>>
12 > >>>rm -r thunderbugs
13 > >>
14 > >>I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is. I assume you're
15 > >>not talking about insects stuck on the TFT panel of your monitor.
16 > >>That
17 > >>what exactly are you talking about?
18 > >
19 > >I was wondering the same thing. I was to chicken to ask because I
20 > >thought it might be some fancy new software that I haven't heard about
21 > >yet. Could it be thunderbird? That's the only thing I could find in
22 > >the
23 > >portage tree.
24 > >
25 > >At least I wasn't the only one confused. Sort of had that a lot here
26 > >lately. :/
27 >
28 > Well, I guess it's really thunderbugs then :-P Sometimes very small
29 > insects get inside the monitor, and get fried when they walk on the TFT
30 > panel. They're visible and pretty much equivalent to a bunch of dead
31 > pixels. It's virtually impossible to get them out again.
32 >
33 > This is the reason I never bought a TFT monitor with cooling slits on
34 > it; only tightly closed ones with external power supplies. No insects
35 > can get in that way.
39 There are sealed ones, too.
40
41 Best regards,