From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Thunderbugs
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 06:06:16
1 On 07/10/2011 03:23 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 07/10/2011 12:59 AM, john wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> Help.
6 >>>
7 >>> I have tried everything to remove thunderbugs which are causing havoc
8 >>> behind my screen. Small black mites have taken over xorg-server!
9 >>>
10 >>> rm -r thunderbugs
11 >>
12 >> I'm having trouble understanding what the issue is. I assume you're
13 >> not talking about insects stuck on the TFT panel of your monitor. That
14 >> what exactly are you talking about?
15 >
16 > I was wondering the same thing. I was to chicken to ask because I
17 > thought it might be some fancy new software that I haven't heard about
18 > yet. Could it be thunderbird? That's the only thing I could find in the
19 > portage tree.
20 >
21 > At least I wasn't the only one confused. Sort of had that a lot here
22 > lately. :/
23
24 Well, I guess it's really thunderbugs then :-P Sometimes very small
25 insects get inside the monitor, and get fried when they walk on the TFT
26 panel. They're visible and pretty much equivalent to a bunch of dead
27 pixels. It's virtually impossible to get them out again.
28
29 This is the reason I never bought a TFT monitor with cooling slits on
30 it; only tightly closed ones with external power supplies. No insects
31 can get in that way.