From: Blakawk <blakawk@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System hangs when enabling radeon power management
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 18:45:18
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Le 09/01/2012 17:48, James a écrit :
5 > Blakawk <blakawk <at> gentooist.com> writes:
6 >> I am facing a problem since a week now when enabling radeon power
7 >> management following KMS Power Management Options [1]. I have
8 >> two radeon
9 >
10 > Well I cannot help you, explicitly; but I have some info to share
11 > with you.
12 >
13 > I have 2 ethernet ports on an older Asus mobo. Until the 3.0 kernel
14 > series, the booting process *always* selectrf the eth0 one
15 > correctly. Since the 3.0 series, about 20% of boot it selects the
16 > second ethernet port as eth0. I can move over the cable, or
17 > manually configure or reboot and play roulette. I have not delved
18 > into the matter any deeper as I'm swamped with issues.....
19 >
20 > might a udev rule help establish the correct card to use? Have you
21 > tried to first set up (boot) the system without the crossfire
22 > confing(wiring)?
23 >
24 > If that is the sort of phenomenon affecting you, you'd have to ssh
25 > into the system and look at the boot files and records. Maybe
26 > setting up the system to transmit via a console (serial) port might
27 > help to look at the boot output as it occurs and step through the
28 > boot sequence.
29
30 With or without crossfire, I encounter the problem, and the graphic
31 card in slot number one is always the one taking over.
32
33 Also, I already set up a console over serial port, but nothing gets
34 out when the system hangs. That's why i am now at the point of running
35 the kernel under GDB. Also, I want to say that the problem does not
36 occur on boot phase at all, everything goes just fine until I activate
37 any other power profile than 'default' one on the radeon card using:
38 # echo '(low|mid|high)' > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_profile
39
40 Then, once power management activated, the system randomly hangs
41 *AFTER* a various amount of time, requiring a hard reboot.
42
43 > hth, James
44
45 - --