From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: System hangs when enabling radeon power management
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:50:02
1 Blakawk <blakawk <at> gentooist.com> writes:
4 > I am facing a problem since a week now when enabling radeon power
5 > management following KMS Power Management Options [1]. I have two radeon
6
7 Well I cannot help you, explicitly; but I have some info to share with you.
8
9 I have 2 ethernet ports on an older Asus mobo. Until the 3.0 kernel series,
10 the booting process *always* selectrf the eth0 one correctly. Since
11 the 3.0 series, about 20% of boot it selects the second ethernet port
12 as eth0. I can move over the cable, or manually configure or reboot
13 and play roulette. I have not delved into the matter any deeper
14 as I'm swamped with issues.....
15
16 might a udev rule help establish the correct card to use?
17 Have you tried to first set up (boot) the system without
18 the crossfire confing(wiring)?
19
20 If that is the sort of phenomenon affecting you, you'd have to ssh
21 into the system and look at the boot files and records. Maybe setting
22 up the system to transmit via a console (serial) port might help
23 to look at the boot output as it occurs and step through the
24 boot sequence.
25
26 hth,
27 James