From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Copy'n'Paste...but not for all?
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:46:02
1 On 2017-06-26 19:18, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > Sometimes the clipboard contents even disappear if you exit the
4 > application you copied from. Start Google Chrome. Select the URL bar.
5 > Press Ctrl+C. Quit Google Chrome. Try Ctrl+V somewhere. It's gone. The
6 > clipboard content you just copied from Chrome is gone.
7
8 I think this is a feature, for privacy reasons. pass (the password
9 manager) does the same with passwords it puts into the clipboard.
10
11 > It's a good old huge big effing mess, as usual. The year of the Linux
12 > desktop will probably be the one where the freakin' clipboard actually
13 > works, because we still can't get it right in 2017.
14
15 This I agree with ;-)
16
17 One program that gets it 90% right is emacs. So, I often end up pasting
18 into the emacs scratch buffer and re-copying from there, as a workaround.
21 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
22 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
23 Don't clear-text sign:
24 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html