From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.2 compile problem
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 20:56:42
1 On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:53:22 Dirk Uys wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > I'm trying to emerge kde-4.2, but the kde-base/systemsettings-4.2.0
5 > ebuild fails:
6 >
7 <snipped>
8 >
9 > I have the latest version of libXi (1.2.0). I tried searching the net,
10 > but the only answer I got was that some guy on the kde forums had the
11 > same problem and resolved it by installing the latest version of libXi
12 > from the repository.
13 >
14 > Have anyone else successfully built kde4.2?
15
16 Today succesfully installed kde4.2 on amd64.
17 I first removed my old KDE completely and then installed it on a clean system.
18
19 Only reinstalling the old kde libs for programs that have not yet been ported
20 to kde4.2.
21
22 Not run into any problems so far. Did have to unmask (~amd64) quite a few
23 packages to get it to install.
26 Joost