From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.2 compile problem
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 06:34:21
1 On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:34 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 > Today succesfully installed kde4.2 on amd64.
4 > I first removed my old KDE completely and then installed it on a clean system.
5 >
6 > Only reinstalling the old kde libs for programs that have not yet been ported
7 > to kde4.2.
8 >
9 > Not run into any problems so far. Did have to unmask (~amd64) quite a few
10 > packages to get it to install.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Joost
16 I should have mentioned in my original email that I run ~x86 and that
17 I upgraded from KDE4.1. I had a few blockers which I had to emerge -C,
18 but other than that, everything except the systemsetting and startkde
19 package emerge fine.
20
21 I tried looking at the order of the emerges, but nothing seems out of
22 the ordinary as far as my knowledge goes. I tried rebuilding the
23 dependacies of systemsettings, but that did not resolve the problem.
24
25 What can I do about this? No one else seem to have this problem?
26
27 Regards
28 Dirk