From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.2 compile problem
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:45:03
1 > On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:34 PM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 >>
3 >> Today succesfully installed kde4.2 on amd64.
4 >> I first removed my old KDE completely and then installed it on a clean
5 >> system.
6 >>
7 >> Only reinstalling the old kde libs for programs that have not yet been
8 >> ported
9 >> to kde4.2.
10 >>
11 >> Not run into any problems so far. Did have to unmask (~amd64) quite a
12 >> few
13 >> packages to get it to install.
14 >>
15 >> --
16 >> Joost
19 > I should have mentioned in my original email that I run ~x86 and that
20 > I upgraded from KDE4.1. I had a few blockers which I had to emerge -C,
21 > but other than that, everything except the systemsetting and startkde
22 > package emerge fine.
23 >
24 > I tried looking at the order of the emerges, but nothing seems out of
25 > the ordinary as far as my knowledge goes. I tried rebuilding the
26 > dependacies of systemsettings, but that did not resolve the problem.
27 >
28 > What can I do about this? No one else seem to have this problem?
29 >
30 > Regards
31 > Dirk
32
33 Hi Dirk,
34
35 Did you try fully removing the entire KDE-chain?
36 Eg. emerge -C all the kde packages in the /var/lib/portage/world file
37 and then removing the remaining packages using emerge --depclean ?
38
39 This is what I did when moving from 3.5.10 to 4.2.0.
42 Joost