From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: revdep-rebuild question
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 18:27:57
1 > Alan,
2 > Seems reasonable. Would I (Could I?) then do an equery depends on
3 > each binary and assuming nothing depends on it remove them by hand
4 > without causing damage?
5 >
6 > I'd want to do another revdep-rebuild every so often to ensure that
7 > things remained consistent.
11 Makes sense to me - doing the equery on the package that installed the
12 binary (which may have a name unrelated).
13
14 IIUC, there are two tools useful for second/third opinions for this task;
15 dep and pquery. Here's an example of their use on fftw:
16
17 dep -L fftw
18
19 pquery --vdb --revdep sci-libs/fftw
20
21 And as you idicated, do a revdep-rebuild after the manual deletion.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list