From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 09:09:38
1 On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 10:00:34 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > Can't you just symlink the developer profile directory to your
4 > > standard profile?
5 >
6 > I didn't try this, but coming to think of it, it would be me
7 > implementing a workaround against the design of the application. Given
8 > that the persistence of the new profile despite the wishes of the user
9 > seems to me like an odd feature, I think it is a bug and have commented
10 > accordingly in:
11 >
12 > https://support.mozilla.org/tr/kb/recover-lost-bookmarks-firefox-developer-edition
13
14 I was suggesting in the spirit of a workround for an apparent bug, not a
15 true solution. It doesn't stop you using profiles, just makes the
16 developer and your standard profile the same.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance from Mom.