From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 38.1.0 :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 09:00:57
1 On Sunday 02 Aug 2015 09:47:29 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2 Aug 2015 09:41:35 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 > > The USE flag in question is bindist. Without it you get FF ESR and all
4 > > works as before. With it set you get the new developer profile and you
5 > > have to deselect it *each time* if you want your old profile back.
6 >
7 > Can't you just symlink the developer profile directory to your standard
8 > profile?
9
10 I didn't try this, but coming to think of it, it would be me implementing a
11 workaround against the design of the application. Given that the persistence
12 of the new profile despite the wishes of the user seems to me like an odd
13 feature, I think it is a bug and have commented accordingly in:
14
15 https://support.mozilla.org/tr/kb/recover-lost-bookmarks-firefox-developer-edition
18 Regards,
19 Mick