From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 14:25:28
1 On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 4:42 AM, Davide Carnovale <
2 francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > yes, the problem was that python 2.6 was unmerged and the new one wasn't
5 > selected yet. so eselecting the new python (2.7) and running python-updater
6 > restored my system. i used an usb version of the livedvd to help me in this,
7 > as wicd was among the broken things and i couldn't connect to the net to
8 > download the required packages to update python.
9 > so thanks everyone for the hints that led me to the solution and particular
10 > thanks to helmut, alan, kevin and stroller.
11 > i'll follow your suggestions and definitely pay more attention in the
12 > future while updating the system =)
13 >
14 > D
17 > 2011/5/3 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
18 >