From: Davide Carnovale <francesco.davide.carnovale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge stopped working
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:44:33
1 yes, the problem was that python 2.6 was unmerged and the new one wasn't
2 selected yet. so eselecting the new python (2.7) and running python-updater
3 restored my system. i used an usb version of the livedvd to help me in this,
4 as wicd was among the broken things and i couldn't connect to the net to
5 download the required packages to update python.
6 so thanks everyone for the hints that led me to the solution and particular
7 thanks to helmut, alan, kevin and stroller.
8 i'll follow your suggestions and definitely pay more attention in the future
9 while updating the system =)
10
11 D
12