From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Impossible question... Swithcing from "no multilib" to "multilib"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:20:06
1 Nikos Chantziaras writes:
2
3 > On 07/22/2010 12:56 PM, Andrea Momesso wrote:
4 > > That's impossible, isn't it?
5
6 I think so.
7
8 > > Swithcing profile and reemerging everithing isn't gonna work? Even
9 > > from a chroot?
10 > >
11 > > Should I reinstall a new stage from scratch? Adobe stopped providing
12 > > flash for linux 64 bit, and I some of the sites I need to visit for
13 > > work need it. Mantaining a chroot is not worth the effort, so I
14 > > really want to switch.
15 > >
16 > > Thank you in advance.
17 >
18 > emerge www-plugins/nspluginwrapper and this will make 32bit Flash work
19 > in 64bit browsers.
20
21 But only when the multilib profile is active. I do not know why this is,
22 and if there are _any_ hacks that might make this possible, but the Gentoo
23 AMD64 FAQ [*] states:
24
25 Warning: Currently you cannot switch from a no-multilib to a multilib-
26 enabled profile, so think over your decision twice before you use the
27 no-multilib profile.
28
29 Wonko
30