From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: "optimized for your system" -- huh?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:24:23
1 On 2009-02-04, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > This thread is not complete without the obligatory link:
4 >
5 > http://funroll-loops.info/
6
7 Brilliant! I really like this one:
8
9 To me, an extra 0.1% performance increase, even if I am only
10 imagining it to be faster, is certainly worth one day a week
11 recompiling all of the latest packages from source code. Even
12 if I do occasionally get my CFLAGS in a muddle!
13
14 And this one pretty much echos my feelings:
15
16 Real Gentoo users understand, it's not about
17 OPTIMILAZIATIONS, it's about USE flags.
18
19 Apparently I'm one of the "people who think Gentoo rules
20 because they can't use RPM properly".
21
22 ;)
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! This PORCUPINE knows
26 at his ZIPCODE ... And he has
27 visi.com "VISA"!!