From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [extremly, wildly, obscenely OT] Is there a Linux system without GNU userlands?
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:05:09
1 On Dienstag, 12. August 2008, b.n. wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann ha scritto:
3
4 > >> So I can rephrase my question as those two:
5 > >> Why didn't those projects use the Linux kernel?
6 > >
7 > > because they wanted to do something different.
8 >
9 > Yes, very probably. However it's a kind of decision I don't really
10 > understand... using a Linux or BSD as the underlying kernel would give
11 > you immediately tons of drivers and stuff, even if you want to rewrite
12 > most of other utilities from scratch.
13 > Probably I don't get it because I'm not an OS programmer geek. :)
14
15 some people build their own bikes or boats despite the fact that you can
16 choose between tons of bikes and boats. ;)