From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage just unmerged my openrc
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 18:47:30
1 Hello, Gentoo.
2
3 Portage has just unmerged my openrc-0.34.11. I didn't ask it to. I'm
4 not very happy about this.
5
6 I did
7
8 # emerge -auND @world
9
10 , and after dealing with five packages, it just warned me that openrc
11 was a critical system package, then went ahead and unmerged it.
12
13 I presume that if I'd tried to reboot, I would have failed. I've
14 manually emerged openrc again (version 0.42.1), and it looks like it
15 will work, but I haven't tried it yet.
16
17 What's up with Gentoo at the moment? Uninstalling system critical
18 packages automatically is a big deal, and shouldn't happen.
21 Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).