From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why --noclear not set on tty1 in default /etc/inittab?
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 12:26:26
1 On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 02:57:29 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
2
3 > I don't get why any distro leaves this out, why anyone wouldn't like to
4 > automatically notice while booting any announcement that something
5 > failed, especially someone who has just gotten a new installation up
6 > for the first times. Why isn't --noclear set by default?
7
8 It doesn't matter, it's just a default. This is Gentoo, it works how you
9 tell it to work. That particular setting is even mentioned n the elog
10 output.
11
12 > Once I set this and rebooted I saw several things that needed fixing
13 > that I didn't have a clue about:
14
15 You really should enable logging to /var/log/rc.log and get into the
16 habit of checking it when rebooting after a change. I always check it
17 after booting a new kernel for instance.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Dyslexics of the world, untie!