From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Configuring fbsplash
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:43:08
1 On Oct 28, 2005, at 8:34 pm, Grimaldy Soto wrote:
2 >
3 > Anyway i wanna know a way of to know if i need reconfigure the kernel
4 > again..
5 > i've emerge splashutils and also livecd 2005.1 bootsplash theme the
6 > which is the one that i wanna configure,...
7
8 "bootsplash" != "splash".
9
10 Bootsplash was depreciated quite quickly, I think, and the current
11 splashutils are based on framebufferTNG in current kernels. You want
12 splash-themes-gentoo & splash-themes-livecd. I think the error you're
13 seeing may be because you're trying to run splash_geninitramfs on the
14 wrong kind of source files?
15
16 I'm afraid I'm struggling to read your message well, BTW. It would help
17 enormously if you said "I have followed precisely the instructions at
18 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash and step 2.4.x works great but at
19 step 2.4.y I get this error".
20
21 Stroller.