From: Grimaldy Soto <nehemoth@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Configuring fbsplash
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 19:41:57
1 Good Day.
2
3 Guys i wanna configure so i can see a beautiful background when my machine
4 is upload it..
5
6 I'm using the gensplash in 5 easy steps to do this, but there are something
7 that i wanna know..
8
9 For example i'm using the 2.6.13-r6 Sources Kernel , i remembered that i
10 active the framebuffer support, so i suppossed that i don't need to
11 reconfigure and compile the kernel again..
12
13 If not please let me know.
14
15 Anyway i wanna know a way of to know if i need reconfigure the kernel
16 again..
17 i've emerge splashutils and also livecd 2005.1 bootsplash theme the which is
18 the one that i wanna configure, i did #mount /boot
19 later this
20 Create an initramfs image for fbsplash:
21 # splash_geninitramfs -v -g /boot/fbsplash-emergence-1024x768 -r 1024x768
22 emergence
23
24 and also this
25
26 # splash_geninitramfs -v -g /etc/fbsplash-livecd-2005.1 -r 1024x768
27 livecd-2005.1
28
29 But whichever command do i used i received the same error or warning
30
31 o creating directory structure..
32 o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
33 o copying themes..
34 - emergence
35 warning: config file for theme 'emergence' , resolution 1024x768 does not
36 exist!
37 o creating initramfs image..
38 -----------------
39 o creating directory structure..
40 o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
41 o copying themes..
42 - default
43 warning: config file for theme 'default' , resolution 1024x768 does not
44 exist!
45 o creating initramfs image..
48 I have in /etc/splash
49 the folder livecd-2005.1 and the emergance too
52 Could somebody please help me??
53
54 Regards
55
56 I'm reading right now
57 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash
58
59 But i cannot find help
62 "We must agree that the beauty of a work of art will always remain a
63 mystery, in other words, we can never be absolutely sure 'how it's made.'
64 We must at all costs preserve this magic which is peculiar to music and to
65 which, by its nature, music is of all arts the most receptive."
66 -Claude Debussy-